Laguarda.Low Architects is seeking talented and creative intermediate designers with 3-5+ years experience to fulfill the role of Project Designers. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic, collaborative studio environment on a variety of international and domestic projects. Founded in Dallas, TX in 2000 by architects with many years of collective experience and a passion for design and the creative process, Laguarda.Low is an international practice that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our practice and the market. In our 13 years of practice, we have worked on over 500 projects in more than 25 countries in Europe, Asia, and South America, as well as in the United States. Principal office is located in New York, NY. Additional offices are located in Beijing, China and Tokyo, Japan. Please visit our web page www.laguardalow.com for more information.
Candidates for the Project Designer position must exhibit a strong design vocabulary, as well as an ability to contribute to an energetic, fast-paced creative process to develop innovative design solutions. All candidates must have well-rounded experience in architecture, with particular focus on design from programming to material selection and detailing. Strong graphic and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work in a team environment, are also critical.
Specific qualifications involve:
– Accredited Professional or Graduate degree in Architecture with at least 3-5 years professional experience.
– Extensive knowledge of 3D modeling, presentation and design software: Sketchup, Rhino, 3D studio Max, Autocad, and Photoshop are key.
– Experience working on complex projects with multiple variables in a variety of environments.
– Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines.
– Competence in working with a fast-paced, collaborative design environment.
– Ability to work under a Lead Designer to complete and augment an overall design direction.
– Willingness to travel internationally.
All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 examples of design work that best illustrates the candidates design ability (either professional or academic) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Project Designer-Your Name-NY” in the subject line. Please send all items as attachments to the email in .PDF format. The total size of your email should not exceed 3MB. Please do not send disks or hard copies, and please no phone calls or drop-in inquiries. Only fully qualified candidates should apply.
Salary commensurate with the education level completed, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge. Full benefit package included. Equal-opportunity employer.